Potholes, pavement cracks, and unmarked parking spaces around your commercial establishment can be an unpleasant experience, which can leave a bad impression, especially on your customers.
In business, keep in mind that the quality of customer experience is of great importance. Additionally, these unpleasant experiences can potentially present hazards, as potholes can cause damage to the vehicles of your customers. Without routine maintenance for minor issues, like small cracks, the pavement can quickly deteriorate and small cracks can eventually grow larger, which will require repair. Often, pavement repairs can be extensive, costly, and inconvenient to your customers.
Below are reasons why regular and timely pavement maintenance program should be put in place:
● Helps extend or even double the pavement’s average life cycle
● Boosts the curb appeal of your commercial property
● Attracts new customers
● Maintains the value of your property
● Prevents premature deterioration
● Shows customers you care about them and your property
Luckily, there are various repair and maintenance methods that are effective in preserving the pavement quality and extending its lifespan:
● Cleaning – Keeping the pavement clean from debris is the initial step to take. Unkempt pavement causes various physical damage to roadways and parking lots. Debris (e.g. loose gravel, broken glass, and clumps of dirt) creates friction and grate down the surface of the pavement.
● Routine Professional Inspection – Conducting a routine professional inspection on your pavement allows for early detection and prompt repair to minor problems. Hire a professional for regular and timely inspection of the area. This way, they can immediately carry out the necessary remediation.
● Crack Sealing – Water that seeps into the asphalt through the cracks contracts and expands (depending on the temperature). If left unchecked, this can lead to larger cracks, asphalt failure, and a more extensive repair job. Sealing cracks prevents water from entering the subsurface of the pavement and causing damage.
● Sealcoating – Also known as slurry sealing, sealcoating gives the pavement a new, pleasing look and provides protection against oxidation, sun, water, gasoline, and oil. It is an effective method of extending the life of your commercial pavement.
● Chip Sealing – This seals crack and applies a stress-absorbing membrane to protect the subsurface from water. Chip seals also provide adequate skid resistance, which enhances the safety of the area.
In addition to pavement management system, a well-planned maintenance program can help ensure pavement protection in the most cost-effective way. It is wise to have a professional who has the capacity to maintain and make repairs when necessary. With proper the experience and the expertise, they are able to respond effectively to unforeseen developments and preserve the structural integrity of your pavement.
Committing to regular inspection, maintenance, and swift repair can help you save time and money on costly pavement replacement projects. There are several commercial paving contractor throughout Mississauga and the Greater Toronto Area. They can provide you with all the details you need on pavement care and maintenance, inspect the site for defects, and develop a realistic and honest estimation of the cost for the maintenance and repair.